The Bikini Bare Essentials
The Bikini Bare Essentials
Top Style Tips From our Personal Stylist Team On How To Find The Perfect Bikini For You!...
The bikinis have landed...in a store near you with every shape, style, print and option imaginable. All bikini bases are covered. Now the most important issue is to cover yourself in one, with confidence and style success.
It really is a matter of personal preference in terms of the colour or print you choose.
Things to bear in mind are:
- What swimwear have you currently got and what summer clothes you have as well.
- If you already have a few favourite bikinis then it is worth thinking about how any new editions to your swimwear collection can be mixed and matched.
The same goes for your summer clothes:
- Think about the colours and prints you have for tops, shorts, skirt and dresses.
- Your aim is to create summer holiday wardrobe that can be packed in a jiffy for a week away.
- Base your bikini choices on fitting in with what you already have or introducing an additional colour that will add to what you have.
- Black and white bikinis are a useful choice as they work so well with other colours and prints.
The next option is to find bikinis that work for your body shape. Remember these simple handy hints.
- If you are busty then look for tops that give you lift and support. Figleaves is a good site to search for bikini tops in your bust size.
- If you have a bit of a tummy then a tankini style or an all in one with ruche detail over the stomach area might give your more beach body confidence. Lands End are an online shop with a wide selection of swimsuits designed to flatter the figure. But don't forget to search the high street for bikini bottoms that are high waisted and designed to flatten the tummy. These retro looks are a fabulous alternative to the swimsuit and tankini.
- Halter necks will draw the eye upwards away from the hip and thigh area. Equally, use a plain coloured bikini bottom in a dark colour mixed with a bright or patterned bikini top to create a slimmer lower half and emphasise your slender upper body.
River Island, Dorothy Perkins, M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Topshop and H&M all have a wide selection of swimwear and accessories from hats to beach bags, and beach cover ups.
There are bikinis in every colour and pattern, although this season the tropical print from palm leaves to pineapples dominates.
Before you go off for your bikini shop:
- Make a list of what you need
- Itemise the colour and print selection you'd prefer and any accessories you might also need.
- Take your time and be prepared to try on the items before you buy.
- Do follow the shops instruction in terms of trying bikinis on and also remember the harsh lights and the stark mirrors of the changing rooms aren't always the most flattering!
Which ever style you choose remember the fact you will be wearing a bikini in the sun and it will be the perfect moment to relax and unwind.
If you need some help one of our experienced personal stylists can shop with you to find you the perfect summer holiday wardrobe. Find out more about our Personal Stylist Services.