Prints to Flatter
Prints to Flatter
- Vertical stripes : Perfect for lengthening and elongating the body. Avoid if you're tall and slim and lacking curves as they will only emphasise this. Opt for thick stripes on areas where you're slimmest and thinner where you want to slim proportions e.g. pin stripe trousers.
- Horizontal stripes : Great for adding breadth and width. Ideal for Pear shaped figures who want to balance hips. Wear a top with horizontal stripes to add breadth to the chest and draw attention upwards. Avoid if you carry weight around your tummy or are broad shouldered as this will simply add inches where you don't need it. Also perfect for tall slim figures, opt for a tube style dress with bold stripes across it to create curves.
- Asymmetric stripes / diagonal stripes : Can be very flattering drawing the eye up and out which can help create the illusion of curves.
- Ditsy Floral prints : Generally the smaller the print the slimmer you need to be as otherwise it can look frumpy. Remember an all over print is more flattering than a print on one part of the body as this breaks up proportions. Small floral prints are suited to slim petite figures as it won't overwhelm the look. To toughen up, mix with jeans or bright coloured jacket or cardi.
- Bold geometric prints : Ideal for curvy figures, particularly if all over a dress for example. The more consistent the print, the more it will disguise lumps and bumps. Block colours are less forgiving. Most body shapes can wear an all over print, apart from petites who would be swamped by a big bold print. Alternatively, if you prefer separates, wear the bold print on the slimmest part of your body.
You will find out what suits you and why so you have everything you need to look fantastic effortlessly!