New Year New Wardrobe
New Year New Wardrobe
New Year New You? Let's Start with a Wardrobe Edit! After the excess of the festive season both January and February are excellent months to examine...
your clothes and plan a few key wardrobe edits to inject the new and extend the old. Now is the time to make a few key purchases to update your current wardrobe and wear the items that are also making a splash for Spring Summer 2014.
- Keep your winter florals and pink coat. Wear them together for now, with your boots and a bobble hat or beanie. When the weather warms up replace your boots and hats with courts and sunglasses. Pink and florals remain firm fashion favourites for next season. Stylist tip: Florals have been around for a few seasons so wear what you have now and for the summer, as they say in stocks and shares, hold, on buying more.
- Ditch your sequin top and switch to a white shirt with a crew neck layered over the top. Wear with your boyfriend jeans and ankle boots. Come the first buds of spring, add a white trench coat and repalce boots with metallic shoes to stride into S/S14. White is the key player for summer as are the new silver metallic clothes and accessories. Stylist tip: Don't be afraid of white, as all the marvellous new washing products will wash your whites well and keep them crispy new.
- Invest in yellow to take you forwards to spring. A pair of yellow courts or a handbag will add a nod to what is coming and give an instant wow factor to your look. Look out for more yellow as the new season clothes arrive in store. Yellow and white combined are as fresh as a daisy you can get for a new you. Stylist tip: If yellow is a colour that scares you, don't wear it next to your face or try to like it, instead keep your wardrobe investment to a minimum with a yellow clutch bag, ring, bracelet or belt.
- Mix it up! Pastels, brights and a pattern, do not be afraid. Next season is all about the bold and brave so have fun with what you have in your wardrobe now to get you in the mood for a bit of clashing. Wear your patterned trousers with your white skirt and add a bright jacket or top. Finish the look with a touch of bling, add a pair of diamante earrings or a necklace. Come summer you can wear the trousers with a black sheer top and your yellow courts. Stylist tip: mix a bright colour with its pastel equivalent. Try a pair of bright blue trousers or a skirt with a new season pale blue summer coat.
- Sell nothing! That leopard, zebra or snake print has plenty of mileage over the next six months as do your winter ankle boots. Fashion is a fun as ever and little details and micro trends will emerge over the next few months. If you haven't worn something for a while and it isn't worn out or ill fitting, then wash, press and put away for another day. Now excuse us while we go look for those dungarees we last wore, in er......
Image from Debenhams
For a New Year makeover to start 2014 in style invest in our personal stylist services.