Essential Winter Accessories 2013
Essential Winter Accessories 2013
Never underestimate accessories because they hold the power to make or break an outfit. This winter there are marvellous big statement pieces that refuse to be ignored. Adding a touch of...
glamour and interest to structured workwear, daytime knits and jeans, or party season evening wear, accessories have never worked so hard.
- Statement necklaces are extremely popular this year, so don't be shy about letting yours take centre stage. They are a fantastic way of pulling an entire outfit together and instantly add extra detail and colour to dark winter pieces. Wear it peeping out from a shirt collar with a pencil skirt for brunch with friends, or with a flirty peplum top, blazer and skinny jeans. Edge up a chunky knit and jeans with an eye catching statement necklace or add extra dazzle to an evening dress for a night out. Oasis have some lovely coral and cobalt blue options from £20-25, Zara and Topshop have some eye catching sparkly numbers from £10-30. Mint Velvet have some lovely drop numbers, while Coast and Phase Eight have an attractive range perfect for the festive party season, and from just over £20.
- Over the knee boots are taking style to new heights this winter. Wear these thigh grazing footwear with a flirty short skirt or dress, showing just a flash of skin or opt for a more covered up option team them with black opaque or coloured tights. For a fun but sexy casual day time look, cosy up to a pair in skinny jeans and a leather jacket. On the high-street, Next have a pair of black block heeled ones for £55, Debenhams have several high heeled and flat options for under £100. Russell & Bromley offer some gorgeous suede and leather ones for over £300, while Topshop, Zara, Aldo, have black, grey and brown options from £100-200. If an over the knee boot is too daring a step, stay safe with the huge array of high and block heeled ankle boots out there.
- Statement pointed pumps in bright monochromatic shades and prints have pushed those chunky platforms to the back of the closet. Chic and sophisticated, this versatile shoe makes you look taller, slims the leg, what's not to like! Sleek and pulled together - there are nothing this shoe doesn't go with and looks amazing with a dressed down look of boyfriend jeans and a tailored jacket. Kurt Geiger have some great cobalt blue, citrus orange and yellow suede ones for £95. Ted Baker have a gorgeous collection of colourful print, sparkle and animal prints for just over £100.
- Sunglasses have become an extension of the winter wardrobe this year but call for something more sturdy to take you through the colder months. Thick statement frames in cat eye and round shapes or fun reflective mirrored lenses have given a fun twist to the summer staple. If you don't want to splash on a designer pair from Ray-Ban, Chanel or Tom Ford, Massimo Dutti, Next, and Zara offer some great high street options for just over £20. A pair of winter sunnies adds sophistication to your winter coat, and an air of mystery to a cable knit.
- Winter scarves are not just cosy and warm but they add layering and texture to a winter outfit. They are also a fabulous tool to add a pop of colour to a dark ensemble. Chunky cable knit ones worn in a big knot add easy elegance to a winter day time look of jeans and jacket, or alternatively a scarf in a fine wool draped over a dress or blouse adds instant interest to an outfit. Coast have an array of eye catching multi-coloured options for over £20, Ted Baker and LK Bennett have some gorgeous silk and print ones for £90 or French Connection have some black or white wool snoods for £50, an easy to wear and chic option.
- Tote bags in structured silhouettes or for a lighter load, box clutches, are the it bags of this season. In bright shades such as citrus orange, and reds, or moodier hues such as deep claret and blacks, you can find options in every high street store this season. Warehouse have some lovely structured large bags fwith a reasonable price tag of £50, while Zara and French Connection have some lovely clutch choices.
Image from French Connection
Book a personal shopping day with a top personal stylist who will find you complete accessorised outfits for that wow factor.